WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decisive (vs. indecisive), deciding(prenominal), determinant, determinative, determining(prenominal), fateful, fatal, peremptory, conclusive, crucial#1, important
- usage: determining or having the power to determine an outcome; "cast the decisive vote"; "two factors had a decisive influence"
- 2. decisive, definite (vs. indefinite)
- usage: unmistakable; "had a decisive lead in the polls"
- 3. decisive (vs. indecisive), unhesitating, resolute, resolute
- usage: characterized by decision and firmness; "an able and decisive young woman"; "we needed decisive leadership"; "she gave him a decisive answer"
- 4. critical, decisive, crucial (vs. noncrucial), important
- usage: forming or having the nature of a turning point or crisis; "a critical point in the campaign"; "the critical test"
All rights reserved.
See also: decisive (Dictionary)