- 1. decision making, deciding, higher cognitive process
- usage: the cognitive process of reaching a decision; "a good executive must be good at decision making"
- 1. decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: reach, make, or come to a decision about something; "We finally decided after lengthy deliberations"
- 2. decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate, end, terminate
- usage: bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
- 3. decide, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: cause to decide; "This new development finally decided me!"
- 4. decide, determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
- usage: influence or determine; "The vote in New Hampshire often decides the outcome of the Presidential election"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deciding(prenominal), determinant, determinative, determining(prenominal), decisive (vs. indecisive)
- usage: having the power or quality of deciding; "the crucial experiment"; "cast the deciding vote"; "the determinative (or determinant) battle"
All rights reserved.
See also: deciding (Dictionary)