Synonyms of dead end
- 1. cul, cul de sac, dead end, passage
- usage: a passage with access only at one end
- 2. deadlock, dead end, impasse, stalemate, standstill, situation
- usage: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible; "reached an impasse on the negotiations"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dead-end, inactive (vs. active)
- usage: lacking opportunities for development or advancement; "stuck in a dead-end job"
All rights reserved.