- 1. dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow, hour, time of day
- usage: the first light of day; "we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place
- usage: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
- 2. dawn, begin, start
- usage: appear or develop; "The age of computers had dawned"
- 3. dawn, change
- usage: become light; "It started to dawn, and we had to get up"
All rights reserved.
See also: dawning (Dictionary)