WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Davys, John Davys, Davis, John Davis
- usage: English navigator who explored the Arctic while searching for the Northwest Passage (1550-1605)
- 2. Davis, Stuart Davis
- usage: United States painter who developed an American version of cubism (1894-1964)
- 3. Davis, Miles Davis, Miles Dewey Davis Jr.
- usage: United States jazz musician; noted for his trumpet style (1926-1991)
- 4. Davis, Jefferson Davis
- usage: American statesman; president of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War (1808-1889)
- 5. Davis, Dwight Davis, Dwight Filley Davis
- usage: United States tennis player who donated the Davis Cup for international team tennis competition (1879-1945)
- 6. Davis, Bette Davis
- usage: United States film actress (1908-1989)
All rights reserved.
See also: davis (Dictionary)