- 1. date, go out
- usage: go on a date with; "Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
- 2. date, date stamp, date, stamp
- usage: stamp with a date; "The package is dated November 24"
- 3. date, determine, set
- usage: assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of; "Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- 4. go steady, go out, date, see, consort, associate, affiliate, assort
- usage: date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
- 5. date, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a dateline; mark with a date; "She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dated, unfashionable (vs. fashionable), unstylish
- usage: marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past
All rights reserved.
See also: dated (Dictionary)