- 1. dance, art, fine art
- usage: an artistic form of nonverbal communication
- 2. dance, party
- usage: a party of people assembled for dancing
- 3. dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation, diversion, recreation, performing arts
- usage: taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- 4. dance, party
- usage: a party for social dancing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dance, move
- usage: move in a graceful and rhythmical way; "The young girl danced into the room"
- 2. dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe, move
- usage: move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance; "My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio"
- 3. dance, move
- usage: skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways; "Dancing flames"; "The children danced with joy"
All rights reserved.
See also: dance (Dictionary)