- 1. damper, plate
- usage: a movable iron plate that regulates the draft in a stove or chimney or furnace
- 2. damper, muffler, device
- usage: a device that decreases the amplitude of electronic, mechanical, acoustical, or aerodynamic oscillations
- 3. damper, restraint
- usage: a depressing restraint; "rain put a damper on our picnic plans"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. damp, dampish, moist, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: slightly wet; "clothes damp with perspiration"; "a moist breeze"; "eyes moist with tears"
All rights reserved.
See also: damper (Dictionary)