- 1. dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: something considered choice to eat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dainty, mincing, niminy-piminy, prim, twee, refined (vs. unrefined)
- usage: affectedly dainty or refined
- 2. dainty, exquisite, delicate (vs. rugged)
- usage: delicately beautiful; "a dainty teacup"; "an exquisite cameo"
- 3. dainty, tasty (vs. tasteless)
- usage: especially pleasing to the taste; "a dainty dish to set before a kind";
- 4. dainty, nice, overnice, prissy, squeamish, fastidious (vs. unfastidious)
- usage: excessively fastidious and easily disgusted; "too nice about his food to take to camp cooking"; "so squeamish he would only touch the toilet handle with his elbow"
All rights reserved.
See also: dainty (Dictionary)