Synonyms of cutting off
- 1. abscission, cutting off, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of cutting something off
- 2. cut, cutting, cutting off, shortening
- usage: the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends; "the barber gave him a good cut"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off, break, break off, discontinue, stop
- usage: make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
- 2. cut, cut off, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: cease, stop; "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation"
- 3. cut off, chop off, lop off, detach, come off, come away
- usage: remove by or as if by cutting; "cut off the ear"; "lop off the dead branch"
- 4. cut off, cut out, intercept, stop
- usage: cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- 5. chip, knap, cut off, break off, cut
- usage: break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
- 6. amputate, cut off, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove surgically; "amputate limbs"
All rights reserved.