- 1. shock absorber, shock, cushion, damper, muffler
- usage: a mechanical damper; absorbs energy of sudden impulses; "the old car needed a new set of shocks"
- 2. cushion, layer, bed
- usage: the layer of air that supports a hovercraft or similar vehicle
- 3. cushion, padding, cushioning
- usage: a soft bag filled with air or a mass of padding such as feathers or foam rubber etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cushion, buffer, soften, modify
- usage: protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
All rights reserved.
See also: cushion (Dictionary)