- 1. curling, game
- usage: a game played on ice in which heavy stones with handles are slid toward a target
- 1. curl, curve, kink, change surface
- usage: form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
- 2. curl up, curl, draw in, bend, flex
- usage: shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
- 3. coil, loop, curl, wind, wrap, roll, twine
- usage: wind around something in coils or loops
- 4. curl, wave, twist
- usage: twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
- 5. curl, play
- usage: play the Scottish game of curling
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curled, curling, curly (vs. straight)
- usage: of hair having curls
All rights reserved.
See also: curling (Dictionary)