WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curie, Ci, radioactivity unit
- usage: a unit of radioactivity equal to the amount of a radioactive isotope that decays at the rate of 37,000,000,000 disintegrations per second
- 2. Curie, Pierre Curie
- usage: French physicist; husband of Marie Curie (1859-1906)
- 3. Curie, Marie Curie, Madame Curie, Marya Sklodowska
- usage: French chemist (born in Poland) who won two Nobel prizes; one (with her husband and Henri Becquerel) for research on radioactivity and another for her discovery of radium and polonium (1867-1934)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of curie (Dictionary)