Synonyms of curb
- 1. curb, curbing, kerb, edge
- usage: an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
- 2. curb, curb bit, bit
- usage: a horse's bit with an attached chain or strap to check the horse
- 3. American Stock Exchange, AMEX, Curb
- usage: a stock exchange in New York
- 4. bridle, check, curb, restraint
- usage: the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess; "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
- 1. control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate, restrain, keep, keep back, hold back
- usage: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
- 2. suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: to put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
- 3. curb, restrain, encumber, cumber, constrain
- usage: keep to the curb; "curb your dogs"
- 4. restrict, curtail, curb, cut back, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: place restrictions on; "curtail drinking in school"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of curb (Dictionary)