- 1. cuff, turnup, lap, overlap
- usage: the lap consisting of a turned-back hem encircling the end of the sleeve or leg
- 2. handcuff, cuff, handlock, manacle, shackle, bond, hamper, trammel
- usage: shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist; usually used in pairs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cuff, whomp, slap
- usage: hit with the hand
- 2. manacle, cuff, handcuff, fetter, shackle
- usage: confine or restrain with or as if with manacles or handcuffs; "The police handcuffed the suspect at the scene of the crime"
All rights reserved.
See also: cuff (Dictionary)