Synonyms of crossbreeding
- 1. hybridization, hybridisation, crossbreeding, crossing, cross, interbreeding, hybridizing, coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union
- usage: (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- 2. miscegenation, crossbreeding, interbreeding, reproduction, procreation, breeding, facts of life
- usage: reproduction by parents of different races (especially by white and non-white persons)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crossbreed, cross, hybridize, hybridise, interbreed, breed
- usage: breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
All rights reserved.