WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spiny lobster, langouste, rock lobster, crayfish, shellfish
- usage: warm-water lobsters without claws; those from Australia and South Africa usually marketed as frozen tails; caught also in Florida and California
- 2. crayfish, crawfish, crawdad, ecrevisse, shellfish
- usage: tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly
- 3. crayfish, crawfish, crawdad, crawdaddy, decapod crustacean, decapod
- usage: small freshwater decapod crustacean that resembles a lobster
- 4. spiny lobster, langouste, rock lobster, crawfish, crayfish, sea crawfish, lobster
- usage: large edible marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the large pincers of true lobsters
All rights reserved.
See also: crayfish (Dictionary)