WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coy, demure, overmodest, modest (vs. immodest)
- usage: affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way
- 2. coy, indefinite (vs. definite)
- usage: showing marked and often playful or irritating evasiveness or reluctance to make a definite or committing statement; "a politician coy about his intentions"
- 3. coy, timid (vs. bold)
- usage: modestly or warily rejecting approaches or overtures; "like a wild young colt, very inquisitive but very coy and not to be easily cajoled"
All rights reserved.
See also: coy (Dictionary)