- 1. cost, outgo, spending, expenditure, outlay
- usage: the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- 2. monetary value, price, cost, value
- usage: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- 3. price, cost, toll, value
- usage: value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cost, be, be
- usage: be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
- 2. cost, necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice; "This mistake cost him his job"
All rights reserved.
See also: cost (Dictionary)