WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. correspondence, written communication, written language, black and white, first class, 1st class, first-class mail, 1st-class mail
- usage: communication by the exchange of letters
- 2. agreement, correspondence, compatibility
- usage: compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
- 3. commensurateness, correspondence, proportionateness, proportionality
- usage: the relation of corresponding in degree or size or amount
- 4. symmetry, symmetricalness, correspondence, balance, spatial property, spatiality
- usage: (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact reflection of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
- 5. parallelism, correspondence, similarity
- usage: similarity by virtue of corresponding
All rights reserved.
See also: correspondence (Dictionary)