Synonyms of corn
- 1. corn, maize, Indian corn, Zea mays, cereal, cereal grass
- usage: tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times
- 2. corn, kernel
- usage: the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal
- 3. corn, edible corn, grain, food grain, cereal
- usage: ears of corn that can be prepared and served for human food
- 4. corn, clavus, callosity, callus
- usage: a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes
- 5. corn, cereal, cereal grass
- usage: (Great Britain) any of various cereal plants (especially the dominant crop of the region--wheat in Great Britain or oats in Scotland and Ireland)
- 6. corn whiskey, corn whisky, corn, whiskey, whisky
- usage: whiskey distilled from a mash of not less than 80 percent corn
- 7. corn, mawkishness, sentimentality, drippiness, mushiness, soupiness, sloppiness
- usage: something sentimental or trite; "that movie was pure corn"
- 1. corn, feed, give
- usage: feed (cattle) with corn
- 2. corn, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve with salt; "corned beef"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of corn (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.