- 1. coral, pink
- usage: a variable color averaging a deep pink
- 2. coral, red coral, precious coral, opaque gem
- usage: the hard stony skeleton of a Mediterranean coral that has a delicate red or pink color and is used for jewelry
- 3. coral, roe, hard roe
- usage: unfertilized lobster roe; reddens in cooking; used as garnish or to color sauces
- 4. coral, anthozoan, actinozoan
- usage: marine colonial polyp characterized by a calcareous skeleton; masses in a variety of shapes often forming reefs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coral, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a strong pink to yellowish-pink color
All rights reserved.
See also: coral (Dictionary)