Synonyms of controlling
- 1. control, command
- usage: exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces"
- 2. control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate, restrain, keep, keep back, hold back
- usage: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
- 3. operate, control, manipulate
- usage: handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
- 4. manipulate, keep in line, control, interact
- usage: control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one's advantage; "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn't let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
- 5. control, verify, test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay
- usage: check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
- 6. control, see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
- usage: verify by using a duplicate register for comparison; "control an account"
- 7. see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure, verify
- usage: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
- 8. master, control, know
- usage: have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
- 1. controlling, dominant (vs. subordinate)
- usage: able to control or determine policy; "a controlling interest in the firm"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.