WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accountant, comptroller, controller, businessperson, bourgeois
- usage: someone who maintains and audits business accounts
- 2. restrainer, controller, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who directs and restrains
- 3. control, controller, mechanism
- usage: a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine; "the speed controller on his turntable was not working properly"; "I turned the controls over to her"
All rights reserved.
See also: controller (Dictionary)