- 1. content, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: satisfy in a limited way; "He contented himself with one glass of beer per day"
- 2. content, satisfy, gratify
- usage: make content; "I am contented"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contented (vs. discontented), content, complacent, self-satisfied, self-complacent, satisfied, smug, self-satisfied, happy, pleased
- usage: satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are; "a contented smile"
All rights reserved.
See also: contented (Dictionary)