- 1. concept, conception, construct, idea, thought
- usage: an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. construct, build, make, make, create
- usage: make by combining materials and parts; "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- 2. manufacture, fabricate, construct, make
- usage: put together out of artificial or natural components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"; He manufactured a popular cereal"
- 3. construct, trace, draw, line, describe, delineate
- usage: draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions; "construct an equilateral triangle"
- 4. construct, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: create by linking linguistic units; "construct a sentence"; "construct a paragraph"
- 5. construct, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: create by organizing and linking ideas, arguments, or concepts; "construct a proof"; "construct an argument"
- 6. reconstruct, construct, retrace, speculate, theorize, theorise, conjecture, hypothesize, hypothesise, hypothecate, suppose
- usage: reassemble mentally; "reconstruct the events of 20 years ago"
All rights reserved.
See also: construct (Dictionary)