WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
- 2. appoint, name, nominate, constitute, establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
- usage: create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- 3. form, constitute, make, constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting"; "The branches made a roof"; "This makes a fine introduction"
- 4. establish, found, plant, constitute, institute, initiate, pioneer
- usage: set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
All rights reserved.
See also: constitute (Dictionary)