WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consistent (vs. inconsistent), accordant, agreeable, conformable, consonant, concordant, pursuant(predicate), reconciled, self-consistent, unchanging, invariable
- usage: (sometimes followed by `with') in agreement or consistent or reliable; "testimony consistent with the known facts"; "I have decided that the course of conduct which I am following is consistent with my sense of responsibility as president in time of war"- FDR
- 2. reproducible (vs. unreproducible), consistent, duplicable, duplicatable
- usage: capable of being reproduced; "astonishingly reproducible results can be obtained"
- 3. coherent (vs. incoherent), consistent, logical, ordered, seamless, logical, rational
- usage: marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a coherent argument"
- 4. consistent, uniform, homogeneous (vs. heterogeneous), homogenous
- usage: the same throughout in structure or composition; "bituminous coal is often treated as a consistent and homogeneous product"
All rights reserved.
See also: consistent (Dictionary)