Synonyms of connected
- 1. connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- 2. associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- 3. connect, link, link up, join, unite
- usage: be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- 4. connect, join, bring together
- usage: join by means of communication equipment; "The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
- 5. connect, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: land on or hit solidly; "The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
- 6. connect, join, bring together
- usage: join for the purpose of communication; "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
- 7. connect, be
- usage: be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation; "The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"; "The planes don't connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
- 8. connect, relate
- usage: establish a rapport or relationship; "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
- 9. get in touch, touch base, connect, interact
- usage: establish communication with someone; "did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?"
- 10. plug in, plug into, connect, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: plug into an outlet; "Please plug in the toaster!"; "Connect the TV so we can watch the football game tonight"
- 11. connect, hit
- usage: hit or play a ball successfully; "The batter connected for a home run"
- 1. affiliated, attached, connected, related (vs. unrelated), related to
- usage: being joined in close association; "affiliated clubs"; "all art schools whether independent or attached to universities"
- 2. connected (vs. unconnected), adjacent, conterminous, contiguous, neighboring(prenominal), adjunctive, affined, conterminous, contiguous, coupled, joined, linked, engaged, well-connected
- usage: joined or linked together
- 3. connected, wired (vs. wireless)
- usage: wired together to an alarm system; "all the window alarms are connected"
- 4. connected, on (vs. off)
- usage: plugged in; "first check to see whether the appliance is connected"
- 5. machine-accessible, connected, on-line (vs. off-line), online
- usage: stored in, controlled by, or in direct communication with a central computer
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of connected (Dictionary)