WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confrontation, challenge
- usage: a bold challenge
- 2. confrontation, discord, dissension
- usage: discord resulting from a clash of ideas or opinions
- 3. confrontation, encounter, showdown, face-off, disagreement
- usage: a hostile disagreement face-to-face
- 4. confrontation, opposition, resistance
- usage: the act of hostile groups opposing each other; "the government was not ready for a confrontation with the unions"; "the invaders encountered stiff opposition"
- 5. confrontation, comparison, comparing
- usage: a focussed comparison; bringing together for a careful comparison
All rights reserved.
See also: confrontation (Dictionary)