- 1. conflict, contrast, counterpoint
- usage: be in conflict; "The two proposals conflict!"
- 2. conflict, run afoul, infringe, contravene, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: go against, as of rules and laws; "He ran afoul of the law"; "This behavior conflicts with our rules"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. at odds(predicate), conflicting, contradictory, self-contradictory, inconsistent (vs. consistent)
- usage: in disagreement; "the figures are at odds with our findings"; "contradictory attributes of unjust justice and loving vindictiveness"- John Morley
- 2. conflicting, opposed (vs. unopposed)
- usage: on bad terms; "they were usually at odds over politics"; "conflicting opinions"
All rights reserved.
See also: conflicting (Dictionary)