WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, authority, sureness, certainty
- usage: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
- 2. confidence, security
- usage: a feeling of trust (in someone or something); "I have confidence in our team"; "confidence is always borrowed, never owned"
- 3. confidence, hopefulness
- usage: a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable; "public confidence in the economy"
- 4. confidence, trust, friendship, friendly relationship
- usage: a trustful relationship; "he took me into his confidence"; "he betrayed their trust"
- 5. confidence, secret
- usage: a secret that is confided or entrusted to another; "everyone trusted him with their confidences"; "the priest could not reveal her confidences"
All rights reserved.
See also: confidence (Dictionary)