WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Confederacy, Confederate States, Confederate States of America, South, Dixie, Dixieland
- usage: the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- 2. confederation, confederacy, federation, union
- usage: a union of political organizations
- 3. conspiracy, confederacy, set, circle, band, lot
- usage: a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose
- 4. conspiracy, confederacy, agreement, understanding
- usage: a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act
All rights reserved.
See also: confederacy (Dictionary)