Synonyms of condition
- 1. condition, status, state
- usage: a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
- 2. condition, precondition, stipulation, premise, premiss, assumption
- usage: an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
- 3. condition, state
- usage: a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing; "the human condition"
- 4. circumstance, condition, consideration, information
- usage: information that should be kept in mind when making a decision; "another consideration is the time it would take"
- 5. condition, shape, good health, healthiness
- usage: the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- 6. condition, illness, unwellness, malady, sickness
- usage: an illness, disease, or other medical problem; "a heart condition"; "a skin condition"
- 7. condition, term, statement
- usage: (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
- 8. condition, experimental condition, procedure, process
- usage: the procedure that is varied in order to estimate a variable's effect by comparison with a control condition
- 1. condition, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: establish a conditioned response
- 2. discipline, train, check, condition, develop, make grow
- usage: develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control; "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
- 3. stipulate, qualify, condition, specify, contract, undertake
- usage: specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement; "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- 4. condition, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: put into a better state; "he conditions old cars"
- 5. condition, shampoo
- usage: apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny; "I condition my hair after washing it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of condition (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.