- 1. concern, interest, involvement
- usage: something that interests you because it is important or affects you; "the safety of the ship is the captain's concern"
- 2. concern, care, fear, anxiety
- usage: an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
- 3. concern, sympathy, fellow feeling
- usage: a feeling of sympathy for someone or something; "She felt strong concern for those less fortunate"
- 4. concern, worry, headache, vexation, negative stimulus
- usage: something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness; "New York traffic is a constant concern"; "it's a major worry"
- 5. business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation, enterprise
- usage: a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother's business"; "a small mom-and-pop business"; "a racially integrated business concern"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
- 2. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
All rights reserved.
See also: concern (Dictionary)