Synonyms of con
- 1. con, argument, statement
- usage: an argument opposed to a proposal
- 2. convict, con, inmate, yard bird, yardbird, prisoner, captive
- usage: a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- 3. bunco, bunco game, bunko, bunko game, con, confidence trick, confidence game, con game, gyp, hustle, sting, flimflam, swindle, cheat, rig
- usage: a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
- 2. memorize, memorise, con, learn, study, hit the books
- usage: commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
- 1. con
- usage: in opposition to a proposition, opinion, etc.; "much was written pro and con"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of con (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.