WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend, understand
- usage: get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- 2. perceive, comprehend
- usage: to become aware of through the senses; "I could perceive the ship coming over the horizon"
- 3. embrace, encompass, comprehend, cover, include
- usage: include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
All rights reserved.
See also: comprehend (Dictionary)