- 1. comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: give moral or emotional strength to
- 2. comfort, ease, relieve, alleviate, palliate, assuage
- usage: lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate; "ease the pain in your legs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comforting, cheering, satisfying, satisfactory (vs. unsatisfactory)
- usage: providing freedom from worry
- 2. comforting, consolatory, consoling, reassuring (vs. unreassuring)
- usage: affording comfort or solace
All rights reserved.
See also: comforting (Dictionary)