WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. combustion, burning, oxidation, oxidization, oxidisation
- usage: a process in which a substance reacts with oxygen to give heat and light
- 2. combustion, tumult, tumultuousness, uproar, garboil
- usage: a state of violent disturbance and excitement; "combustion grew until revolt was unavoidable"
- 3. burning, combustion, change of integrity
- usage: the act of burning something; "the burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance"
All rights reserved.
See also: combustion (Dictionary)