WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. collision, hit, contact, impinging, striking
- usage: (physics) a brief event in which two or more bodies come together; "the collision of the particles resulted in an exchange of energy and a change of direction"
- 2. collision, accident
- usage: an accident resulting from violent impact of a moving object; "three passengers were killed in the collision"; "the collision of the two ships resulted in a serious oil spill"
- 3. collision, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: a conflict of opposed ideas or attitudes or goals; "a collision of interests"
All rights reserved.
See also: collision (Dictionary)