- 1. blood relation, blood relative, cognate, sib, relative, relation
- usage: one related by blood or origin; especially on sharing an ancestor with another
- 2. cognate, cognate word, word
- usage: a word is cognate with another if both derive from the same word in an ancestral language
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. connate, cognate, related (vs. unrelated), related to
- usage: related in nature; "connate qualities"
- 2. cognate, related (vs. unrelated), related to
- usage: having the same ancestral language; "cognate languages"
- 3. akin(predicate), blood-related, cognate, consanguine, consanguineous, consanguineal, kin(predicate), related (vs. unrelated)
- usage: related by blood
All rights reserved.
See also: cognate (Dictionary)