- 1. seashore, coast, seacoast, sea-coast, shore
- usage: the shore of a sea or ocean
- 2. coast, slope, incline, side
- usage: a slope down which sleds may coast; "when it snowed they made a coast on the golf course"
- 3. coast, view, aspect, prospect, scene, vista, panorama
- usage: the area within view; "the coast is clear"
- 4. slide, glide, coast, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it; "his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill"; "the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coast, glide
- usage: move effortlessly; by force of gravity
All rights reserved.
See also: coast (Dictionary)