Synonyms of clouded
- 1. overcast, cloud, darken
- usage: make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
- 2. obscure, befog, becloud, obnubilate, haze over, fog, cloud, mist, hide, conceal
- usage: make less visible or unclear; "The stars are obscured by the clouds"; "the big elm tree obscures our view of the valley"
- 3. cloud, billow, wallow
- usage: billow up in the form of a cloud; "The smoke clouded above the houses"
- 4. cloud, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: make gloomy or depressed; "Their faces were clouded with sadness"
- 5. defile, sully, corrupt, taint, cloud, mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
- usage: place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
- 6. cloud, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less clear; "the stroke clouded memories of her youth"
- 7. mottle, dapple, cloud, spot
- usage: colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- 8. cloud, dull
- usage: make milky or dull; "The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"
- 1. clouded, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: made troubled or apprehensive or distressed in appearance; "his face was clouded with unhappiness"
- 2. cloud-covered, clouded, overcast, sunless, cloudy (vs. clear)
- usage: filled or abounding with clouds
- 3. clouded, confused (vs. clearheaded)
- usage: mentally disordered; "a mind clouded by sorrow"
- 4. blurred, clouded, unclear (vs. clear)
- usage: unclear in form or expression; "the blurred aims of the group"; "sometimes one understood clearly and sometimes the meaning was clouded"- H.G.Wells
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of clouded (Dictionary)