- 1. clipping, newspaper clipping, press clipping, cutting, press cutting, excerpt, excerption, extract, selection
- usage: an excerpt cut from a newspaper or magazine; "he searched through piles of letters and clippings"
- 2. trim, trimming, clipping, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: cutting down to the desired size or shape
- 3. clip, clipping, snip, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: the act of clipping or snipping
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off, cut
- usage: sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
- 2. trot, jog, clip, run
- usage: run at a moderately swift pace
- 3. clip, attach
- usage: attach with a clip; "clip the papers together"
- 4. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 5. clip, curtail, cut short, shorten
- usage: terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
All rights reserved.
See also: clipping (Dictionary)