- 1. cartridge holder, cartridge clip, clip, magazine, supply chamber
- usage: a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
- 2. time, clip, case, instance, example
- usage: an instance or single occasion for some event; "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
- 3. clip, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
- 4. clip, jewelry, jewellery
- usage: an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
- 5. clip, clipping, snip, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: the act of clipping or snipping
- 6. clip, blow
- usage: a sharp slanting blow; "he gave me a clip on the ear"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off, cut
- usage: sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
- 2. trot, jog, clip, run
- usage: run at a moderately swift pace
- 3. clip, attach
- usage: attach with a clip; "clip the papers together"
- 4. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 5. clip, curtail, cut short, shorten
- usage: terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
All rights reserved.
See also: clip (Dictionary)