- 1. clinch, clench, noose, running noose, slip noose
- usage: a small slip noose made with seizing
- 2. clasp, clench, clutch, clutches, grasp, grip, hold, grasping, taking hold, seizing, prehension
- usage: the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clench, clinch, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: hold in a tight grasp; "clench a steering wheel"
- 2. clench, squeeze
- usage: squeeze together tightly; "clench one's jaw"
All rights reserved.
See also: clench (Dictionary)