Synonyms of cleat
- 1. cleat, projection
- usage: a metal or leather projection (as from the sole of a shoe); prevents slipping
- 2. cleat, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener (usually with two projecting horns) around which a rope can be secured
- 3. cleat, strip
- usage: a strip of wood or metal used to strengthen the surface to which it is attached
- 1. cleat, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with cleats; "cleat running shoes for better traction"
- 2. cleat, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure on a cleat; "cleat a line"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cleat (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.