Synonyms of clear up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clarify, clear up, elucidate, explain, explicate
- usage: make clear and (more) comprehensible; "clarify the mystery surrounding her death"
- 2. get through, wrap up, finish off, mop up, polish off, clear up, finish up, complete, finish
- usage: finish a task completely; "I finally got through this homework assignment"
- 3. clear, clear up, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: free (the throat) by making a rasping sound; "Clear the throat"
- 4. clear up, clear, light up, brighten
- usage: become clear; "The sky cleared after the storm"
- 5. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
All rights reserved.