- 1. circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit, electrical device
- usage: an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
- 2. tour, circuit, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area; "they took an extended tour of Europe"; "we took a quick circuit of the park"; "a ten-day coach circuit of the island"
- 3. circuit, path, route, itinerary
- usage: an established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to; "she's a familiar name on the club circuit"; "on the lecture circuit"; "the judge makes a circuit of the courts in his district"; "the international tennis circuit"
- 4. circumference, circuit, boundary line, border, borderline, delimitation, mete
- usage: the boundary line encompassing an area or object; "he had walked the full circumference of his land"; "a danger to all races over the whole circumference of the globe"
- 5. circuit, group, grouping
- usage: (law) a judicial division of a state or the United States (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations); one of the twelve groups of states in the United States that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
- 6. racing circuit, circuit, racetrack, racecourse, raceway, track
- usage: a racetrack for automobile races
- 7. lap, circle, circuit, locomotion, travel
- usage: movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. circuit, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: make a circuit; "They were circuiting about the state"
All rights reserved.
See also: circuit (Dictionary)