- 1. cipher, cypher, message
- usage: a message written in a secret code
- 2. zero, 0, nought, cipher, cypher, digit, figure
- usage: a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
- 3. nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, relative quantity
- usage: a quantity of no importance; "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
- 4. cipher, cypher, nobody, nonentity, commoner, common man, common person
- usage: a person of no influence
- 5. cipher, cypher, cryptograph, secret code, code
- usage: a secret method of writing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. code, encipher, cipher, cypher, encrypt, inscribe, write in code, encode
- usage: convert ordinary language into code; "We should encode the message for security reasons"
- 2. calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure, reason
- usage: make a mathematical calculation or computation
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cipher (Dictionary)